The Scrum Product Owner certified training gives you an opportunity to learn the role of Product Owner or Product Manager in a Scrum/agile environment. As the voice of the end users, Product Owners play a very vital role in a Scrum project. They are the ones who bring clarity to the vision of the product or project and convey that vision to the Scrum team. This course focuses on how a product owner should collaborate with the delivery team in refining requirements to make sure the team is delivering the highest possible value in the shortest possible time.
Following are few basic responsibilities of a Product Owner that we will be discussing in detail during this training session.
- Discussion with business stakeholders about the use cases on the idea that they want to pursue and requirements, objectives of a product/project or program.
- Set the product roadmap and write the product vision statement.
- Translate the Idea into multiple epic, features and product backlog items. Also, conduct Release planning sessions involving the team.
- Write business requirements in User story / Acceptance criteria and validating them against the INVEST model.
- Use different prioritization techniques to prioritize business objectives and requirements.
- Take a lead during product backlog grooming, planning, and demo meetings.
- Review the deliverables of the team along with stakeholders.
- How to bring Product management, development, operations teams, and business stakeholders together to build a successful product.
How our Scrum Product Owner Certified training is different from others?
Based on our vast experience in training thousands of Scrum Masters, Product Owners, Developers on different Scrum courses, we believe the Scrum course should be taught in a very holistic, and comprehensive way rather than piece-meal or fragmenting it into only Scrum Master or only Product Owner or only Team-level training. It’s true that each of the Scrum roles will perform their own specialized work, but in order to create a truly collaborated and self-organized environment, every role should be aware of other’s roles and responsibilities. Almost all the Scrum rituals take place with everyone on the scrum team attending.
Therefore, we have launched a very unique integrated course, so that you get the most value for your money and time and understand every aspect of Scrum framework,
- Starting in July 2018, AgileTraining is offering an integrated Scrum Master (SMC) and Product Owner (SPOC) course for all our Scrum Master and Product Owner training sessions. This integrated course will be delivered by our highly experienced instructors.
- Even if you are coming to the class exclusively for Scrum Master or Product Owner course, you would receive this integrated content at no extra cost. Which means you will receive training for the course that you enrolled for with all the details PLUS a lot more.
- Participants have the choice to take either the Scrum Master Certification (SMC) OR Scrum Product Owner Certification (SPOC) exam OR both while registration or later after the 2-day training session.
- If you want to select integrated course certifications, go to the integrated course registration page link here.
MODES OF TRAINING
We offer four different training options:
- Open-classroom training.
- On-site training.
- Live instructor-led virtual training.
- Online self-study option.
Note: Integrated SMC and SPOC Certification courses are not available in Online self-study option.
WHO SHOULD TAKE THIS TRAINING SESSION?
This course is appropriate for the existing Product Owners, who want to explore their role more, as well as professionals who are interested in becoming a PO. This would include following people,
- Project and Product Managers.
- Product Marketing.
- Project Sponsors and Business Owners.
- Engineering team including Designers, Testers, Software engineers etc.
- Business, System & Functional Analysts.
- Anyone interested in learning Scrum